|Where is Summer Camp located?
Rocketeer AcademySM is operated out of the New Mexico Museum of Space History and International Space Hall of Fame in Alamogordo, NM.
Will meals be provided?
Lunch is provided at all class levels (Monday-Thursday; snacks on Friday) through local grocers and area restaurants. Additional meals will be supplied to overnight cadets. Menus/schedules will be available at check-in. It is perfectly acceptable for cadets to bring their own meals. Allergies and/or dietary restrictions must be annotated on the cadet’s registration form.
What should my cadet wear?
Required dress for camp activities will include the cadet’s Rocketeer AcademySM t-shirt, hat, nametag, and either shorts or long pants and sneakers (NO open toed shoes). One t-shirt and hat will be provided to each cadet at check-in. Additional t-shirts and hats may be purchased if available.
Can my child bring a cell phone or game device?
We ask that parents NOT pack cell phones and other electronic devices. Cell phones, games, and other devices that are visible and used during camp activities or times other than appropriate call times may be confiscated until the end of the day. Anyone bringing a device must understand this policy and keep the item in backpacks or locked in the Education department.
Are there medical facilities nearby?
Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center is within one mile of the Museum.
Can I transfer my session?
Yes! All session transfer requests must be received no later than two weeks prior to scheduled start date. Transfer requests are subject to availability.
What if I need to cancel my camp?
- 80% refund will be issued for cancellations received four weeks prior to the session start date.
- 50% refund will be issued for cancellations received three weeks prior to the session start date.
- Tuition is forfeited for cancellations received two weeks or less prior to the session start date.
- Written requests are required for cancellations due to Military PCS orders. Upon receipt of this information, Rocketeer AcademySM will issue a full refund.
- No refunds will be granted if your cadet is expelled due to disciplinary actions or leaves camp voluntarily.
What are the Camp Sessions & Fees?
- Full-Day Session – 9 am – 4 pm (Mon-Thurs), 9 am – 12 pm (Friday)
$215 per week: Grades 2-3 (Mercury)
$235 per week: Grades 4-6 (Gemini)
$255 per week: Grades 7-9+ (Apollo)
- Morning Session – 9 am – 1 pm (Mon-Thurs), 9 am – 12 pm (Friday)
$135 per week: Grades K-1 (Comets)
When are rocket launches and graduation activities?
Rocket Launches and graduation are on Friday. Parents, family, and friends are invited to attend and share the excitement of their cadet in launching their rockets.
- Rocket launches are held Friday mornings starting at 9:30 am, depending on weather conditions, on the upper parking lot below the Museum. Rocket trajectories are unpredictable, so there is no guarantee that the cadet’s rocket can be recovered. Parking is at your own risk.
- Graduation will be held immediately following rocket launch activities on the first floor of the Museum. Cookies and punch will be served. Rocketeers will receive graduation certificates and retrieve all of their projects from their instructor and/or assistants.
NOTE: We reserve the right to cancel a session date if participation numbers are inadequate. You may select an alternative date or you may request a full refund of tuition paid should this occur.
If you have any questions, please call Education Administration, 575-437-2840 ext. 41132
or email email@example.com.
Return to Summer Camp Overview
Continue to Summer Camp Online Registration